Departure: Different times available (November 1st through March 31st)
Duration: 1 hour
Price: $45.00/ each person and hour (transportation not included)
Escape into the serene beauty of a natural winter wonderland. A short distance from Alaska-Wildlife-Guide’s location is the Chena Lakes Recreation area with a multitude of trails beckoning. They will lead us over frozen lakes, rivers and into the forest leaving behind the hectic city life.
Snowshoeing is a fun winter activity for the whole family. No special skills are required and learned very quickly. With a little luck we may spot wildlife such as birds, snowshoe hare, fox or even a moose.
Just bring warm clothing and a sense for a fun adventure.
Customized tours are possible.
- Enjoy a day away from the loudness of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- We also offer customized tours to our guests, who would like to extend this adventure with additional activities or other areas
- Snow shoes
- Telescoping poles
- No pick up/drop off from/to your location
- the address of the start location is 3740 Lyle Ave. in North Pole 99705.
- Direction coming from Fairbanks:
Take Highway 2 (Richardson Hwy) exit Dawson rd/Buzby rd.
Take a left turn and drive under the Hwy 2 bridge.
Take a right turn (follow the sign for the Chena Lake recreation area) to Misteltoe dr, which becomes later Laurance rd.
Take a left turn to Nelson rd. (4th) (last road before the Chena lake recreation area)
Take a left turn to Lyle street (6th, comes after Birch Dell Dr.)
Address is on the right side, you will see a small wooden sign with our name: Alaska-Wildlife-Guide and Alaska-Wildlife-Cabin.