Departure: Flexible (November 1st through March 31st)
Duration: 1 hour
Price: $120.00/ each person (transportation not included)
Enjoy an adventurous winter activity during your time in Fairbanks. On this snowmobile tour, your guide will lead you through a true winter wonderland so you can explore the frozen rivers, lakes and snow covered mountains around the Fairbanks area.
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- We also offer customized tours to our guests, who would like to extend this adventure with additional activities such as ice fishing
Make your way to the tour office in North Pole, a suburb of Fairbanks, and start with a brief safety orientation and instruction. Get geared up for the winter conditions, then start your snowmobile adventure!
Explore Fairbanks’ breathtaking surroundings by snowmobile through a beautiful winter wonderland, crossing frozen lakes and rivers, scenic mountains, endless remote trails and hopefully wildlife such as moose, fox or snowshoe hare. The Chena Lakes Recreation area offers a variety of beautiful and well-maintained trails, lakes and rivers ensuring an adventure of a lifetime.
After enjoying the drive through Alaska’s frozen back-country by snowmobile, warm up with hot chocolate, tea, coffee and snacks.
- Snow machines
- Snacks and warm beverages
- No free pick up/drop off from/to your location
- the address of the start location is 3740 Lyle Ave. in North Pole 99705.
- Direction coming from Fairbanks:
Take Highway 2 (Richardson Hwy) exit Dawson rd/Buzby rd.
Take a left turn and drive under the Hwy 2 bridge.
Take a right turn (follow the sign for the Chena Lake recreation area) to Misteltoe dr, which becomes later Laurance rd.
Take a left turn to Nelson rd. (4th) (last road before the Chena lake recreation area)
Take a left turn to Lyle street (6th, comes after Birch Dell Dr.)
Address is on the right side, you will see a small wooden sign with our name: Alaska-Wildlife-Guide and Alaska-Wildlife-Cabin.