Duration: 14 hours
Price: $225.00/ each person
On this full-day adventure starting in Fairbanks, you will cross the Arctic Circle, watch the Northern Lights, and enjoy the expansive landscape of Alaska’s untouched wilderness. You’ll experience Alaska like you have never seen it before while enjoying a comfortable drive and narration from your expert guide.
Please note that seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed.
- After pickup from your Fairbanks hotel, travel to the legendary Arctic Circle, where explorers have been venturing for centuries, drawn by the power of planet Earth. Stop here to take pictures and receive a ‘Cross the Circle Certificate!’
- We drive along the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, which stretches over 800 miles (1,287 km) through Alaska. You will learn the history of its inception to its completion.
- Drive across the mighty Yukon River Bridge and stroll along the riverbank and gaze at the scenic landscape.
- Stop and walk the 1/2 mile informative loop at Finger Mountain. Look over the Kanuti Flats below you and learn about the symbiotic relationship of the environment around you. (seasonal stop)
- Cross the Arctic Circle where we will enjoy some sandwiches, sweets and hot drinks.
- Travel back toward Fairbanks at night, looking for Lady Aurora to make her appearance in the sky above you. We will stop often to take photos or simply to marvel at and be mesmerized by this phenomenon.
- Gaze up at the spectacular Northern Lights as you drive through the night, arriving back in Fairbanks at dawn.
- Pick up/drop off within the city limits of Fairbanks or North Pole
- 2 Sandwiches, Snacks, Hot Punch and Beverages
- “Cross the Arctic Circle Certificate”
- We cannot guarantee that the Northern Lights will be visible.