Departure: According to the Arrangement
Duration: 11 days
Price: Depending on number of participants. Please ask for a quote.
Unforgettable adventure in nature’s serene beauty!
Strengthen your team spirit and experience exciting days. Immerse yourself in the feeling of the good old days.
Transportation with car, airplane and canoe.
Some canoeing experience is advantageous.
Overnights in tents, barbecues, evenings at the campfire.
- Pick up at Fairbanks Airport, Transportation to North Pole
- Tour information and preparation followed by a welcoming BBQ.
- Shared breakfast, joint packing and loading of gear, departure flight to Bettles (flight time 1,25 hour), connecting flight with a bush plane to Huntfork Lake, tent set up, campfire.
- Day 3 through 9 floating down John River interspersed with individual activities, e.g. fishing, swimming or hiking. Fishing is always a great opportunity to complete your dinner around the campfire. Once we land tents are set up and meals prepared.
- Day 10 all gear and equipment will be transported to Bettles by boat. As a group we will hike out to Bettles (roughly 4.5 miles), from where we will fly back to Fairbanks followed by a short drive back to North Pole.
- Guided Canoe Tour
- Airport transfers Fairbanks – North Pole
- Two BBQ/ Overnight stay (tents)/ Breakfast in North Pole
- Rountrip flights from Fairbanks to Bettles
- Flight with float plane to Huntfork Lake
- Full catering during the canoe tour (“Outdoor kitchen”)
- Entire canoeing equipment including life vests
- Entire cooking and camping equipment (camping mats and sleeping bags not included – can be borrowed from us)
- Fishing license
- Rod and Reel
The above described canoe trip is an all outdoor expedition. Members should be prepared for all types of weather patterns and natural occurrences of which Alaska-Wildlife-Guide LLC has no control over.